The holidays are perfect time for everyone to satisfy their sweet tooth craving, and those challenged by dysphagia or swallowing difficulties shouldn’t be left out. Our Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies use THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a dessert that meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6 and, more importantly, is even delicious enough to set out for Santa.
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|Peanut butter, creamy||2 Tbsp||6 Tbsp||3/4 cups|
|Butter, softened||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Powdered sugar||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|1 Tbsp + 2 tsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Water, hot||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Fudge topping (optional)||1 tsp (1/2 tsp per cookie)||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp (1/2 tsp per cookie)||1/3 cup (1/2 tsp per cookie)|
How to Prepare
- Combine vegetable oil and THICK & EASY PUREED BREAD & DESSERT MIX in a bowl. Stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract to hot water and add to bread mix, stirring briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Cover and chill or let sit at room temperature until mixture is cooled.
- Cream together peanut butter, softened butter and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- Add to cooled bread mixture and blend until thoroughly combined (about 30 seconds). (An electric mixer works well for this step.)
- Portion into balls using #40 scoop.
- Flatten and top each cookie with 1/2 tsp fudge topping.
- Portion 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Option: For plain peanut butter cookies, omit fudge topping and flatten cookies with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
Serving Size: 2 cookies (about 2 Tbsp per cookie)
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 14g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 5g
Added Sugars: 2g
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV
Vitamin A: 0% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV