The holidays are perfect time for everyone to satisfy their sweet tooth craving, and those challenged by dysphagia or swallowing difficulties shouldn’t be left out.Our Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies use THICK & EASY® PUREED BREAD & DESSERT MIX to create a dessert that meets IDDSI Levels 4,5 & 6 and, more importantly, is even delicious enough to set out for Santa.
How to Prepare
- Cream together peanut butter, softened butter and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine THICK & EASY PUREED BREAD & DESSERT MIX and water. Stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add to peanut butter mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Portion into balls using #40 scoop or measure about 2 Tbsp per cookie.
- Flatten with a wide spatula and top each cookie with 1/2 tsp fudge topping.
- Portion 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Option: For plain peanut butter cookies, omit fudge topping and flatten cookies with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
Serving Size: 2 cookies (about 2 Tbsp per cookie)
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 19g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 5g
Added Sugars: 2g
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 2% DV
Potassium: 0% DV
Vitamin A: 0% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV