We’re back with another holiday snack for you and your family to enjoy. Looking for a little bit more holiday spice than our Thick & Easy® Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies? These Thick & Easy® Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect winter warmer for those with swallowing difficulties, and pack great holiday taste into a snack that meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5, 6 & 7.
Follow along with our recipe that uses Thick & Easy® Bread Mix to create a delicious dessert that you and your family will love.
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|Powdered sugar||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Butter, softened||1/2 tsp||2 Tbsp+2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Cinnamon||Dash||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp||2 Tbsp+2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|Water, hot||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cup||3 cups|
|Vanilla extract||1-2 drops||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Almond extract||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon sugar||About 2 tsp||About 6 Tbsp||About 3/4 cup|
How to Prepare
- Cream together softened butter and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread Mix and cinnamon. Combine milk, vanilla extract and almond extract (if desired) and add to bread mix, stirring briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add to butter/sugar mixture and blend with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined (about 30 seconds).
- Cover and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Portion into balls using #40 scoop or measure about 2 Tbsp per cookie.
- Roll each cookie ball in cinnamon sugar until well coated; flatten with a wide spatula.
- Portion 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Size: 2 cookies (~2 Tbsp per cookie)
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 14g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 4g
Added Sugars: 2g
Calcium: 8% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 2% DV
Vitamin A: 4% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV
Looking for even more delicious holiday desserts? Check out our recipe for THICK & EASY® Vanilla Cream Cheese Pumpkin Squares!
Information accessible on this Site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Information is many times general in nature and may be helpful to some persons but not others, depending on their personal medical needs.
You should always consult with your personal physician prior to changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site.