Those with swallowing difficulties shouldn’t have to miss out on the delicious desserts and treats that the holiday season has to offer. Our Vanilla Cream Cheese Pumpkin Square recipe uses THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a delicious seasonal dessert that meets the IDDSI Level 4 (pureed) standard, and most importantly, will be a gift to your taste buds.
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Single dessert dish||9 x 5″ loaf pan||2 – 9 x 5″ loaf pans|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Pumpkin puree, canned||1 Tbsp, 1 tsp||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Maple syrup||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Water, hot||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Cream cheese, softened||1/2 oz (about 2 tsp)||4 oz||8 oz|
|Vanilla pudding, prepared||1 Tbsp||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Whipped topping||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cup||3 cups|
How To Prepare
- Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and pumpkin pie spice. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot water to bread mixture and stir briskly until blended.
- Stir in pumpkin/maple syrup mixture.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan(s) and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to cool at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Combine softened cream cheese with pudding and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over pumpkin mixture in pan.
- Spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze pan(s) for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. (This will make it easier to remove portions from pan.)
- Cut each pan into 8 portions
Serving Size: 1 portion (about 1/3 cup)
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 14g
Added Sugars: 4g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 4% DV
Vitamin A: 0% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV
Vitamin D: 0% DV