Those with swallowing difficulties shouldn’t have to miss out on the delicious desserts and treats that the holiday season has to offer.Our *Vanilla Cream Cheese Pumpkin Square* recipe uses THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a delicious seasonal dessert that meets the IDDSI Level 4 (pureed) standard, and most importantly, will be a gift to your taste buds.
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray
2. Stir together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and cold water in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and pumpkin pie spice. Add to pumpkin/water mixture and whisk rapidly with a wire whip until well combined.
4. Immediately pour into prepared pan(s) and spread evenly with metal or rubber spatula to smooth the surface.
NOTE: Mixture must be mixed and poured rapidly, otherwise it may become too thick to handle.
5. Combine softened cream cheese with pudding and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over pumpkin mixture in pan.
6. Spread whipped topping over pudding layer. Cover in plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate or freeze pan(s) for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. (This will make it easier to remove portions from pan.)
8. Cut each loaf pan into 6 – 2 1/2 x 3-inch pieces.
9. Serve one individual dessert or one 2 1/2 x 3-inch piece.
Serving Size: 1 2 1/2 x 3-inch piece
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 25g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 11g
Added Sugars: 4g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 8% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 4% DV
Vitamin A: 25% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV
Now get cooking and show the rest of your family, swallowing difficulties or not, that pureed treats don’t have to be bland and flavorless. You can find the THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix here along with the rest of our innovative Thick & Easy® products. Happy holidays from the Hormel Health Labs family to yours!