Lemon Pie has been a staple in the southern U.S. for hundreds of years, popularized due to its tart bold flavor and bright appearance. Now, you can enjoy a lemon pie that will fit your pureed diet, while not lacking in taste! Our THICK & EASY® Lemon Cream Cheese pie is delicious, easy to make, and meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6.
Follow along and use Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a pie/tart you and your family will love.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pans with cooking spray.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, bread mix and sugar. Add cold water and stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately pour into pan(s). Press to flatten and push crust onto sides of pan, as needed. (Use plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray for easier handling of soft crust).
- Place crust(s) in refrigerator or freezer while preparing the filling.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Scrape down sides of spatula.
- Add milk and continue mixing until smooth. Fold in prepared whipped cream.
- Reserve a small amount of filling for garnish.
- Portion remaining filling into graham cracker crust(s) and spread evenly. Freeze until solid.
- Spread lemon pie filling or curd evenly over top of frozen filling. Garnish as desired with reserved cream cheese filling or extra whipped cream.
- Cut and portion dessert while still frozen. Thaw portions completely before serving.
*Note: Recipe may be prepared using a variety of pan sizes and shapes, such as 4-inch individual tart pans, mini muffin pans, 8-inch square pan for lemon bars or dessert squares (yields 6 portions per pan), mini pie pans, and dessert dishes (layer crust and fillings in dessert dish and garnish). Make sure to generously coat pans with cooking spray before adding crust.
Serving Size: 1 portion (1/6 of 8-inch pie)
Saturated Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 37g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 24g
Added Sugars: 9g
Calcium: 6% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Vitamin A: 15% DV
Vitamin C: 4% DV