Lemon Pie has been a staple in the southern U.S. for hundreds of years, popularized due to its tart bold flavor and bright appearance. Now, you can enjoy a lemon pie that will fit your pureed diet, while not lacking in taste! Our THICK & EASY® Lemon Cream Cheese pie is delicious, easy to make, and meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6.
Follow along and use Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a pie/tart you and your family will love.
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Individual pie pan||8″ pie pan||2 – 8″ pie Pans|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Graham cracker crumbs (finely ground)||1 Tbsp||6 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Sugar||1/8 tsp||3/4 tsp||1 1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp||2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|Water, hot||1 1/2 Tbsp||1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp||1 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Cream cheese, softened||1 oz||4 oz||8 oz|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 1/2 tsp||3 Tbsp||6 Tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Milk||2 tsp||2 oz||4 oz|
|Whipped cream, prepared||3 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Lemon pie filling or Lemon curd||3 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot water to bread mixture and stir briskly until begins to thicken.
- Cover and allow to cool at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Spread cooled crust mixture into pan(s).
- Press to flatten and push crust onto sides of pan(s). (Use plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray for easier handling of soft crust).
- Place crust(s) in refrigerator or freezer until firm.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Scrape down sides of spatula.
- Add milk and continue mixing until smooth. Fold in prepared whipped cream.
- Reserve a small amount of filling for garnish.
- Portion remaining filling into graham cracker crust(s) and spread evenly. Freeze until solid.
- Spread lemon pie filling or curd evenly over top of frozen filling. Garnish as desired with reserved cream cheese filling or extra whipped cream.
- Cut and portion dessert while still frozen. Thaw portions completely before serving.
Serving Size: 1/6 of 8″ pie
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 37g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 24g
Added Sugars: 9g
Potassium: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV