Looking for a new breakfast dish to add some variety and nutrition to your pureed diet? Our THICK & EASY® Pureed Broccoli Cheese Egg Dish is quick, easy, and packs a flavor punch to get your day started while also meeting IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6.
Follow along with our recipe that uses Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to whip up a breakfast that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
*such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby
How To Prepare
- Spray pan(s) or dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree scrambled eggs and milk in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, dry mustard, THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and first amount of cheese. Process briefly until ingredients are well blended.
- Randomly drop scoopfuls of egg mixture into pan. Set aside.
- Puree broccoli with water until smooth. Add THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and second amount of cheese. Process briefly until ingredients are well blended.
- Randomly drop scoopfuls of broccoli mixture next to egg in pan. Spread evenly.
- Insert a knife or flat spatula into the pan and pull through the puree several times to gently swirl the two mixtures together.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350˚F until temperature reaches 165˚F. (Note: Times are approximate and should be adjusted for differences in oven and/or steamer conditions.)
- Portion one #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup) per serving.
- Fatten into a circle. Top with cheese sauce, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 – #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup)
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Trans Fat: 0.5g
*nutrition information calculated using cheddar cheese
Total Carbohydrates: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 2g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 6% DV
Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 6% DV
Potassium: 4% DV