Looking for a new breakfast dish to add some variety and nutrition to your pureed diet? Our THICK & EASY® Pureed Broccoli Cheese Egg Dish is quick, easy, and packs a flavor punch to get your day started while also meeting IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6.
Follow along with our recipe that uses Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to whip up a breakfast that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Individual pan||8 x 8″ square pan||9 x 13″ pan|
|Scrambled eggs, prepared||1 egg||6 eggs||12 eggs|
|Milk||2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Instant Food Thickener – Tub
|1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Salt||Dash||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||Dash||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Dry mustard||Dash||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Cheese, finely shredded*||2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Broccoli, well cooked and drained||1/3 cup||2 cup||4 cups|
|Broth or water||2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Butter or margarine||1/4 tsp||2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp|
|THICK & EASY® Instant Food Thickener – Tub Item: 007941||3/4 tsp||1 1/2 Tbsp||3 Tbsp|
|Cheese sauce for garnish, if desired||As needed||As needed||As needed|
*such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby
How To Prepare
- Spray pan(s) or dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree scrambled eggs and milk in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, dry mustard, THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and first amount of cheese. Process briefly until ingredients are well blended.
- Randomly drop scoopfuls of egg mixture into pan. Set aside.
- Puree broccoli with water until smooth. Add THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and second amount of cheese. Process briefly until ingredients are well blended.
- Randomly drop scoopfuls of broccoli mixture next to egg in pan. Spread evenly.
- Insert a knife or flat spatula into the pan and pull through the puree several times to gently swirl the two mixtures together.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350˚F until temperature reaches 165˚F. (Note: Times are approximate and should be adjusted for differences in oven and/or steamer conditions.)
- Portion one #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup) per serving.
- Fatten into a circle. Top with cheese sauce, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 – #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup)
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Trans Fat: 0.5g
*nutrition information calculated using cheddar cheese
Total Carbohydrates: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 2g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 6% DV
Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 6% DV
Potassium: 4% DV