Looking for a healthy, refreshing snack to get you through the heat of summer? Our Pureed Vegetable Bars are perfect for bringing to a summertime cookout or just to munch on while hanging out on the back deck. They’re delicious, easy to make, and meet IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6!
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Mini loaf pan or similar||8 x 8″ square pan||2 – 8 x 8″ square pans or 9 x 13″ pan|
|Butter croissants or crescent rolls*||1/2 croissant or 1 1/2 crescent rolls||3 croissants or 9 crescent rolls||6 croissants or 18 crescent rolls|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|1/2 Tbsp||3 Tbsp||1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Water or Milk||2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Sour cream*||2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Ranch seasoning mix (dry)*||1 1/2 tsp||3 Tbsp||1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Pureed carrots (thicken, if needed)*||1 Tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Pureed Broccoli (thicken, if needed)*||1 Tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Tomato Puree (thickened)*||1 Tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
How To Prepare
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Line pan(s) with plastic wrap and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place croissant or crescent rolls in food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Add THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and water or milk and blend until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan. Cover and freeze.
- Stir together sour cream and ranch seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Lift plastic wrap and frozen croissant/crescent roll layer from pan. Remove plastic wrap and set frozen crust on cutting board or another surface.
- Spread sour cream mixture evenly over crust.
- Top with pureed vegetables. (Use a spoon or piping bag to evenly distribute the vegetables in an attractive pattern.)
- Cut into bars and portion onto serving plates.
- Allow crust to thaw completely before serving.
- One half (1/2) cup crumbs are needed per serving. 1 large croissant (about 2 1/2 oz) or 3 crescent rolls yield about 1 cup of crumbs. Wheat bread can also be used in place of croissants/crescent rolls for crumbs, if desired.
- Prepared sour cream ranch dip may be used in place of seasoning mix and sour cream.
- THICK & EASY® Bulk Frozen Pureed Carrots and Broccoli may be used. Thicken purees to achieve desired consistency, if needed.
- If using canned tomato puree, add 1/4 tsp THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to each 1 Tbsp of tomato puree used.
Serving Size: ~3 x 4″ rectangle (size varies per pan used)
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 570 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 6g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 6% DV
Potassium: 4% DV
*Nutrition calculated using butter croissants