Our thickened Margarita is great for beating the heat! It pairs perfectly with our Taco recipe, and there are versions for both IDDSI Levels 2 and 3.
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|Prepared Margarita mix, chilled||4 oz||1 1/2 cup||3 cups|
|Tequila||1 1/2 fl. oz||9 fl. oz||18 fl. oz|
|THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food &
|1 1/2 scoops||9 scoops||18 scoops|
|Thickened Ice Cubes** (optional)||As desired||As desired||As desired|
*For a virgin Margarita, omit tequila and reduce THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Thickener to 1 scoop per serving prepared.
How to Prepare
- Add tequila to Margarita mix and stir well.
- Thicken with THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener per mixing instructions on product canister.
- Wet the rim of a glass with water or lime juice and dip onto a plate of salt.
- Add thickened margarita to glass and serve.
Note: Recipe makes a 6 fl. oz. serving. Double listed amounts for a larger serving.
Adjust THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener for Honey (Level 3) consistency, as needed
**HOW TO MAKE FROZEN THICKENED ICE CUBES
- Thicken water to the desired consistency (Level 2 or 3) with THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener or use pre-thickened THICK & EASY® Thickened Water, (Level 2 or Level 3). Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
Serving Size: About 6 fl. oz
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carb: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 26g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV