Spice up Cinco de Mayo with these incredible easy-to-swallow tacos. They meet IDDSI Levels 5, 6 & 7 and are the perfect way to enjoy the holiday. Try them with our delicious Margarita recipe!
|6 Servings||12 Servings|
|Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Beef, thawed
|4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Taco seasoning mix of choice*||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Water||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Corn Tortillas (4–6-inch size; 2 per serving)||12||24|
|Water, hot||2/3 cup||1 1/3 cups|
|THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener
|4 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
Cheese sauce; Sour cream; Pureed Avocado; Pureed Salsa; Taco Sauce
|As Desired||As Desired|
Before serving, always test for Level 5 using IDDSI guidelines. If needed, add additional water or taco sauce if meat mixture or pureed corn tortillas are too dry; and a small amount of Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener if too wet or thin.
How to Prepare
- Place thawed Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Beef in a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; stir well.
- Heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken and reaches 165°F or higher.
- Cover and hold at 135°F or higher for service.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind corn tortillas to fine crumbs.
- Add water and puree until smooth.
- Add THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and mix well.
- Cover and hold at 135°F or higher for service. Keep tortilla mixture covered tightly to retain moisture.
To Serve Individual Tacos: (2 tacos per serving)
- Portion two #30 scoops pureed corn tortilla per serving. Flatten each scoop into a round shape with a spatula, plastic wrap, or clean gloved hand.
- Portion one #30 scoop seasoned ground meat onto each corn tortilla circle. Add desired toppings and fold in half using a spatula or clean gloved hand. Drizzle with taco sauce.
To Serve as a Tostada (open faced taco)
- Portion one #16 scoop pureed corn tortilla per serving. Flatten into a round shape with a spatula, plastic wrap, or clean gloved hand.
- Portion 1 – #16 scoop ground taco meat onto corn tortilla circle. Add desired toppings and garnish with a drizzle of taco sauce.
Serving Size (for seasoned meat and corn tortilla only):About 2 oz seasoned meat; about 1/4 cup pureed corn tortilla
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carb: 15g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 0g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 4% DV
Potassium: 0% DV