Enjoy a fun new twist on peanut butter cups that’s safe for those challenged by dysphagia! This rich, easy-to-make dessert meets IDDSI Levels 4-7.
|1 SERVING||8 SERVINGS||16 SERVINGS|
|Peanut butter, creamy||2 tsp||6 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Butter, softened||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Powdered sugar||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|1 1/2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Water, hot||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Fudge topping||2 tsp||1/3 cup (1 tsp per cookie)||2/3 cup (1 tsp per cookie)|
- Combine vegetable oil and THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix in a bowl. Stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract to hot water and add to bread mix, stirring briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Cover and chill or let sit at room temperature until mixture is cooled.
- Cream together peanut butter, softened butter, and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- Add to cooled bread mixture and blend until thoroughly combined (about 30 seconds). (An electric mixer works well for this step.)
- Portion into balls using #40 scoop and press balls into mini muffin pan.
- Use a teaspoon to make an indent in the center of each cookie up.
- Portion 1 tsp of fudge sauce into each cookie cup.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Portion 2 cookies per serving.
- Try using other fillings in place of fudge topping, such as peanut butter mouse, caramel syrup, or seedless jam or jelly.
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 11g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 10mg (0% DV)
Iron: .3mg (0% DV)
Potassium: 0mg (0% DV)