Spice your dysphagia diet up with a little heat! Our Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe several different Thick & Easy® products for a complete dysphagia entree that meets IDDSI Levels 5-7.
|SLIDER||1 SERVING||6 SERVINGS||12 SERVING|
|THICK & EASY® 100% Natural Minced Chicken, thawed*
|1/2 cup||1 13.1oz bag||2 13.1oz bags|
|Buffalo sauce||2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener**
|1 tsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles finely minced, optional (make sure particulates meet IDDSI Level 5 size requirement)||1-2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|BUN||1 SERVING||6 SERVINGS||12 SERVINGS|
|THICK & EASY® Texture Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||3 Tbsp||6 Tbsp|
|Water, hot||3 Tbsp||1 cup + 2 Tbsp||2 1/4 cup|
*If frozen, microwave for 2-3 minutes to thaw.
**Adjust thickener as needed to achieve proper consistency for IDDSI Level 5.
- Add buffalo sauce to thawed Thick & Easy® IDDSI Level 5 Ready Chicken and stir.
- Add THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and stir until combined.
- If desired, stir in finely minced blue cheese or Feta crumbles.
- Add vegetable oil to bread mix and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot water to bread mixture and stir briskly until blended.
- Portion #40 scoops of bread mixture onto a pan lined with wax paper or parchment sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a clean gloved hand, flatten and shape each bread scoop into 2–3-inch diameter circles.
- Place one bread circle on a serving plate.
- Top with about 2 oz (one #12 scoop) thickened meat mixture and flatten with a spatula.
- Add additional buffalo sauce, if desired.
- Place another bread circle on top of meat patty.
NOTE: Before serving, always test for Level 5 using IDDSI guidelines. Add additional broth slurry if meat mixture is too dry or crumbly; or add a small amount of Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener if too wet or thin.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup buffalo chicken mixture, 1 serving pureed bread mix
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 15g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 3g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 190mg (15% DV)
Iron: .4mg (2% DV)
Potassium: 90mg (8% DV)
*Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Wing Sauce used for nutritional analysis