No full dining spread is complete without some mouthwatering finger foods. Spice up your appetizers with these dysphagia-friendly cocktail meatballs that meet IDDSI Levels 5-7!
|1 SERVING||6 SERVINGS||12 SERVINGS|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||3 Tbsp||6 Tbsp|
|Beef broth or water, hot||3 Tbsp||1 cup + 2 Tbsp||2 1/4 cups|
|THICK & EASY® MINCED BEEF, thawed
|1/2 cup||1 11.9oz bag||2 11.9oz bags|
|Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano)||1/8 tsp each (as desired)||3/4 tsp each (as desired)||1 1/2 tsp each (as desired)|
|BBQ Sauce of choice||As needed||As needed||As needed|
- Add vegetable oil to bread mix and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot broth or water to bread mixture and stir briskly until blended.
- Add thawed Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Beef and seasoning and stir to combine ingredients.
- Portion meat mixture using a #40 scoop or measure about 2 tablespoons per meatball. Roll into balls and place on a pan lined with wax paper or parchment sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Meatballs may also be frozen and thawed prior to serving.
- Gently heat meatballs to serving temperature.
- Top with BBQ sauce and hold for service at 135°F or higher.
NOTE: Before serving, always test for Level 5 using IDDSI guidelines. Add additional broth if meat mixture is too dry or crumbly; or add a small amount of Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener if too wet or thin.
Serving Size: 4 meatballs
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 14g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 3g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 10mg (0% DV)
Iron: 1.3mg (6% DV)
Potassium: 110mg (2% DV)