Enjoy a staple Thanksgiving side, now safe for those on IDDSI Level 4-7 diets!
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Poultry seasoning||Scant 1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Parsley flakes, dried, finely ground||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Chicken broth, hot||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste||To taste||To taste||To taste|
|Thickened broth or melted butter||As needed (to keep moist)||As needed (to keep moist)||As needed (to keep moist)|
|Pan size||Muffin cups||Muffin cups or loaf pan||Muffin pan or loaf pan|
- Generously coat pan or muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine poultry seasoning, parsley and THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot broth and stir briskly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour bread mixture into pan or portion into muffin cups.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Portion one #20 scoop per serving.
- Gently fluff the stuffing with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lightly brush top of stuffing with melted butter or broth slurry as needed to keep moist. Serve with gravy.
Add a small amount of browning sauce (such as Kitchen Bouquet) or other dark colored sauce to half of the prepared stuffing. Gently mix the two colors of stuffing to give the appearance of both light and dark bread.
Serving Size 1 portion (about #20 scoop)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carb: 13g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 3g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV