Our Thickened Brown Sugar Milk Tea is the perfect recipe for tea time! It tastes great and is just as simple to make for one person or twelve. This recipe meets IDDSI Level 2 standards and can easily be adjusted to IDDSI Level 3.
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|THICK & EASY® Thickened Decaffeinated Tea Powder – IDDSI Level 2 – Nectar
|1 stick pack||6 stick pack||12 stick pack|
|Hot water||6 fl oz (3/4 cup)||4 1/2 cups||2 quarts + 1 cup|
|Brown sugar||1 – 2 tsp (to taste)||2 – 4 tsp (to taste)||1/4 cup – 1/2 cup (to taste)|
|THICK & EASY® Thickened Dairy Drink IDDSI Level 2 – Nectar
|1/4 cup||1 1/2 cup||3 cup|
|Foam or froth from heated Thickened Dairy Drink||1 – 2 Tbsp||~ 1/3 cup||~ 2/3 cup|
- Pour contents of THICK & EASY® Thickened Decaffeinated Tea Powder into bottom of mug and add brown sugar.
- Add hot water and stir until powder is completely dissolved and beverage starts to thicken.
- Heat THICK & EASY® Thickened Dairy Drink until warm (do not boil).
- Add to thickened tea and stir well.
- Garnish each serving with 1-2 Tbsp of foam or froth from heated dairy drink, if desired.
- Milk thickened to appropriate consistency with thickener can be used in place of THICK & EASY® Thickened Dairy Drink
- Honey (Level 3) consistency of THICK & EASY® Thickened Decaffeinated Tea Powder and THICK & EASY® Thickened Dairy Drink can be used in place of Nectar (Level 2).
Serving Size: ~8 fl oz
Total Fat: 1.5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carb: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 7g
Added Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 2% DV
Calcium: 6% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV
Nutrition calculated using IDDSI Level 2 Nectar varieties of milk and coffee. Froth/foam not used in nutrition calculation.