This hearty dish uses our Thick & Easy® Level 5 Ground Beef and Thick & Easy® Bulk Pureed Pasta to recreate a classic entree that’s safe for those needing IDDSI Level 5-7 consistency. There’s even a variation for those needing IDDSI Level 4! Aside from bold flavor, this recipe is also packed with protein and carbs, and can serve as an important source of calories.
*Pureed (Level 4) version: Remove prepared portions needed and puree until smooth. Liquid and/or thickener may be added to achieve proper consistency. Serve over pureed rice per serving instructions in Level 5 recipe.
How To Prepare
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in first amount of butter until tender. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from pan and grind or puree in food processor. Set aside.
- Melt second amount of butter in saucepan. Add flour and stir with wire whisk until flour is dissolved.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce; whisk until blended.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened.
- Add salt, pepper and sour cream; stir to blend.
- Add thawed Thick & Easy® Ground Beef (IDDSI Level 5), ground mushrooms and onions. Stir and heat until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- To serve: Portion 1/2 cup heated Thick & Easy® Bulk Pureed Thickened Pasta onto serving plate (see serving suggestions).
- Top with one #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup) beef stroganoff.
Pasta may be served in a variety of ways:
- Portion 1/2 cup onto plate and spread evenly.
- Serve straight from the bag by making a very small snip in the corner of the bag and pipe onto plate.
Serving Size: #10 scoop (scant 1/2 cup) of both: stroganoff, & pureed pasta blend
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbs: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 8% DV
Potassium: 4% DV