Looking for a delicious dysphagia-friendly dessert to add some spice to your diet? This low-maintenance dessert is easy to make, full of flavor, and meets IDDSI Levels 4-7!
Preparation Suggestion: For ease in cutting and portioning, cover and freeze prepared carrot cake a minimum of 2 hours (or up to 3 days). Remove cake from freezer a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Frost the cake, cut into portions and place on serving plate/dish while still slightly frozen. Allow cut portions to thaw completely prior to serving and consuming.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Portion amount of pureed carrot needed and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix with cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg.
- Stir together the water, vanilla extra and brown sugar.
- Add water to bread mix in bowl and stir briskly until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Immediately add pureed carrot and stir well. (mixture will thicken quickly so make sure to have pans prepared).
- Pour into pan(s) and spread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm ~2 hours.
- Spread with creamy cheese frosting.
- Cut into portions.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion or 1 square
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 1g
Total Carbs: 22g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 14g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV