Looking for a delicious dysphagia-friendly dessert to add some spice to your diet? This low-maintenance dessert is easy to make, full of flavor, and meets IDDSI Levels 4-7!
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings||24 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin pan or individual dessert dish||Muffin pan or 8 x 4″ loaf pan||Muffin pan or 8 x 8″ square pan||9 x 13″ Muffin pan or 10 x 12″ half pan|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||1/2 cup||1 cup||2 cups|
|Cinnamon||Dash||1/4 tsp||3/4 tsp||1 1/2 tsp|
|Ginger||Dash||Dash||Several dashes||1/8 tsp|
|Cloves||Dash||Dash||Several dashes||1/8 tsp|
|Nutmeg||Dash||Dash||Several dashes||1/8 tsp|
|THICK & EASY® Bulk Pureed Carrot – IDDSI Level 4, thawed
|2 Tbsp||1/3 cup||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Brown sugar||1/8 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Cold water||2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Cream cheese frosting, prepared||~1 Tbsp per serving||~6 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
Preparation Suggestion: For ease in cutting and portioning, cover and freeze prepared carrot cake a minimum of 2 hours (or up to 3 days). Remove cake from freezer a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Frost the cake, cut into portions and place on serving plate/dish while still slightly frozen. Allow cut portions to thaw completely prior to serving and consuming.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Portion amount of pureed carrot needed and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix with cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg.
- Stir together the water, vanilla extra and brown sugar.
- Add water to bread mix in bowl and stir briskly until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Immediately add THICK & EASY® Bulk Pureed Carrot and stir well. (mixture will thicken quickly so make sure to have pans prepared).
- Pour into pan(s) and spread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm ~2 hours.
- Spread with creamy cheese frosting.
- Cut into portions.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion or 1 square
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 1g
Total Carbs: 22g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 14g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV