Looking for a delicious dysphagia-friendly dessert to add some spice to your diet? This low-maintenance dessert is easy to make, full of flavor, and meets IDDSI Levels 4-7!
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin pan or individual dessert dish||Muffin pan or 8 x 4″ loaf pan||Muffin pan or 8 x 8″ square pan|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Sugar||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Water, hot||1 Tbsp + 2 tsp||3/4 cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp||1 2/3 cups|
|THICK & EASY® Bulk Pureed Carrot – IDDSI Level 4, thawed
|2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Cream cheese frosting, prepared||1 Tbsp||1/2 cup||1 cup|
Preparation Suggestion: For ease in cutting and portioning, cover and freeze prepared carrot cake a minimum of 2 hours (or up to 3 days). Remove cake from freezer a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Frost the cake, cut into portions and place on serving plate/dish while still slightly frozen. Allow cut portions to thaw completely prior to serving and consuming.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine pie spice, sugar and bread mix in a mixing bowl. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract to hot water and add to bread mix in bowl. Stir briskly until mixture beings to thicken.
- Immediately add pureed carrots and stir well.
- Portion into pan or muffin cups and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spread with cream cheese frosting.
- Cut into portions and serve.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion (about 1/4 cup or #16 scoop)
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Trans Fat: 1g
Total Carbs: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 18g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV