What better way to show your loved one challenged by dysphagia that you care than by satisfying their sweet tooth? Our Lava Cakes use THICK & EASY® Texture Modified Bread & Dessert Mix to create a dessert that packs a flavor punch while also meeting IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6!
Follow along with our recipe below!
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin cups||Muffin cups||Muffin cups|
|THICK & EASY® Texture Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (~1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Cocoa powder||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|Sugar||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|Chocolate syrup||2 tsp||1/3 cup||2/3 cup|
|Milk, hot||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cup||3 cups|
|Additional chocolate syrup for “lava” sauce||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
How To Prepare
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together THICK & EASY® Texture Modified Bread & Dessert Mix, cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add first listing of chocolate syrup to hot milk and stir until blended.
- Add milk to bread mixture and stir briskly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Portion into muffin cups using a #20 scoop and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove prepared cake(s) from muffin cups and place on a serving dish.
- Using a spoon, make a small hole in the top of each cake and fill with about 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup*.
- Top with whipped cream or chocolate frosting prior to serving.
*Optional “lava” fillings include warm fudge sauce, strawberry or raspberry syrup (without seeds) or caramel syrup.
Serving Suggestion: Pair cakes with either the Wild Berry or Vanilla Magic Cup™ Dessert for an added treat!
Serving Size: 1 cake (muffin sized)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Sodium: 100 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 18g
Added Sugars: 3g
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 2% DV
Vitamin D: 2% DV
*Nutrition information calculated using 1% milk