Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. What better way to show your loved one challenged by dysphagia that you care than by satisfying their sweet tooth? Our Lava Cakes use THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a dessert that packs a flavor punch while also meeting IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6!
Follow along with our recipe below!
How To Prepare
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add chocolate syrup and THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to milk; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add chocolate milk mixture to bread mixture. Stir briskly with wire whip until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately portion into muffin cups. Cover and chill until set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove prepared cake(s) from muffin cups and place on a serving dish.
- Using a spoon, make a small hole in the top of each cake and fill with about 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup.*
- Top with whipped cream or chocolate frosting prior to serving.
*Optional “lava” fillings include warm fudge sauce, strawberry or raspberry syrup (without seeds) or caramel syrup.
Serving Suggestion: Pair cakes with either the Wild Berry or Vanilla Magic Cup™ Dessert for an added treat!
Total Fat: 1.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Sodium: 120 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 14g
Added Sugars: 3g
Calcium: 8% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Vitamin A: 2% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV
Vitamin D: 2% DV
*nutrition information calculated using 1% milk