While they might be mini, they pack a flavor punch! These delectable dysphagia-friendly treats offer a burst of zesty lemon that’s safe for IDDSI Levels 4-7.
|Ingredients||2 servings||8 servings||16 servings|
|Thick & Easy® Texture Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|1/4 cup||½ bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Sugar||1/2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp||¼ cup||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1/4 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Lemon juice||2 Tbsp||½ cup||1 cup|
|Water, hot||1/4 cup||1 cup||2 cups|
|Yellow food coloring||1 drop||4 drops||8 drops|
|For Lemon Glaze|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tbsp||½ cup||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||1/2 tsp||2 tsp||4 tsp|
|PAN SIZE||Mini loaf pans (3 ¾” x 2 1/2“)
or Muffin cups
HOW TO PREPARE
- Lightly spray muffin cups or pans with non-stick cooking spray or line with plastic wrap.
- Combine sugar and THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix; stir well.
- Add oil to bread mix and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice to the hot water and stir to combine.
- Add water to bread mix and stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately portion into mini loaf pans or muffin cups and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- While cakes are resting, prepare glaze by adding lemon juice to the powdered sugar and stirring until well blended.
- Carefully remove prepared cakes from pans and portion onto serving dishes.
- Drizzle each loaf/cake with 1 tsp of lemon glaze just prior to serving.
Serving Size: 1 portion (about ¼ cup or #20 scoop and 1 tsp glaze)
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 70 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 20 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Total Sugars: 10 g
Added Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 2 g
Vitamin D: 0 mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 0 mg (0% DV)
Iron: 0 mg (0% DV)
Potassium: 20 mg (0% DV)