What’s better than a slice of cake? Not much! This fantastic vanilla cake recipe is perfect for those looking for delicious desserts that are dysphagia-safe. This recipe meets IDDSI levels 4, 5 & 6, can be prepared several ways, and is incredibly easy to make. Try it today!
|1 SERVING||8 SERVING||16 SERVING|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag
(about 1 cup)
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Almond extract||1/16 tsp||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Milk, hot||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Whipped Topping or Frosting of choice||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Pan Size||Muffin cup||Small cake pan
or loaf pan
|8-inch cake pan|
- Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix in a mixing bowl. Add oil, vanilla and almond extract and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot milk and stir briskly until blended.
- Portion into pan or muffin cups and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Frost and cut into individual portions (16 slices per 8-inch pan).
- Serve one cake slice (1/16 of cake) or one cupcake per serving.
Confetti Birthday Cake
- Using 1/4 tsp nonpareils per serving (4 tsp for 16 servings), stir nonpareils into bread mixture after mixing with hot milk.
- Nonpareils will dissolve over time due to the moisture of the cake mixture.
- For added color, sprinkle top of frosting or whipped topping with colored sugar.
- Serve cakes with pudding or pureed fruit sauce.
- Pair cakes with desired flavor of Magic Cup™ Frozen Desserts for an added treat!
Serving Size: 1 portion (One slice, cupcake or one #20 scoop)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carb: 17g
Dietary Fiber: <0g
Total Sugars: 7g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin D: 2% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV
Nutrition calculation does not include frosting or topping.