Our new chocolate cake recipe is the perfect easy-to-swallow way to end a meal and satisfy your sweet tooth. It meets IDDSI levels 4, 5 & 6, is super easy to prepare and, most importantly, it’s delicious!
|1 SERVING||8 SERVING||16 SERVING|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag
(about 1 cup)
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Cocoa Powder||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|Sugar||3/4 tsp||2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|Milk, hot||3 Tbsp||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Chocolate Syrup||2 tsp||1/3 cup||2/3 cup|
|Whipped Topping or Frosting of choice||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Pan Size||Muffin cup||Small cake or
|8-inch cake pan|
- Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix, cocoa powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add chocolate syrup to hot milk and stir until blended.
- Add milk to bread mixture and stir briskly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Portion into pan or muffin cups and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Frost and cut into individual portions (16 slices per 8-inch pan).
- Serve one cake slice (1/16 of cake) or one cupcake per serving.
- Sprinkle finely shaved chocolate on top of frosted cakes.
- Top each serving with hot fudge sauce in place of whipped topping or frosting.
- Pair cakes with desired flavor of Magic CupTM Frozen Dessert for an added treat!
Serving Size: 1 portion (One slice, cupcake or one #20 scoop)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carb: 27g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 15g
Added Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 2% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 2% DV