Wake up with a delicious new berry muffin recipe! Quick preparation will make your mornings easy and efficient, while delivering flavor and nutrition while meeting IDDSI levels 4, 5 & 6. Want to spice up your options even more? This recipe mix can also be used to prepare bread, cakes, and pancakes!
|1 SERVING||8 SERVINGS||16 SERVINGS|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag
(about 1 cup)
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp (1/4 cup)||1/2 cup|
|White granulated sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Water, hot||2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Seedless, smooth mixed berry jam or jelly (no skins or pulp) *||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp (1/4 cup)||1/2 cup|
*THICK & EASY® Frozen Pureed Shaped Mixed Berries (Item: 13883) may be used in place of jam or jelly.
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine white sugar and bread mix in a mixing bowl. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot water to bread mixture and stir briskly with wire whip until blended.
- Lightly fold in jam or jelly.
- Immediately portion one #20 scoop into each
- muffin cup and spread evenly with a spatula.
Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups. Portion one muffin per serving.
Use pleated cupcake liners or silicone muffin cups to create a more realistic muffin appearance.
This recipe can also be used as a mixed berry cake, bread, or pancakes.
- Bread: Spread mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan or other appropriately sized pan. Cover and allow to rest as instructed above. Cut and serve.
- Cake: Spread mixture into an 8-inch cake pan. Cover and allow to rest as instructed above. Top with frosting or powdered sugar glaze.
- Pancakes: Immediately after mixing, portion and spread mixture into 3 or 4-inch circles. Once set, heat gently and serve with syrup.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion (about 2 oz or #20 scoop)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carb: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 11g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV