Perfect as a side, snack or dessert our new Apple Cinnamon muffin recipe is as delicious as it is versatile; you can also serve them as bread, cake, or pancakes! These muffins meet IDDSI levels 4, 5 & 6 and are easy to prepare.
|1 SERVINGS||8 SERVINGS||16 SERVINGS|
|THICK & EASY® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (About 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||3-4 drops||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Applesauce, unsweetened||1 Tbsp||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Apple juice, hot||1 1/2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Brown sugar (for topping)||1/4 tsp||2 tsp||4 tsp|
|Cinnamon (for topping)||pinch||2 dashes||1/8 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil (for topping)||1 drop||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
- Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and bread mix in a
mixing bowl. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract to hot apple juice. Add to bread mixture and stir briskly with wire whip until blended.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Immediately portion one #20 scoop into each muffin cup and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove muffins from pan.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and vegetable oil until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Just prior to serving, sprinkle about 1/4 tsp brown sugar/cinnamon topping onto each muffin.
Portion one muffin per serving.
Use pleated cupcake liners or silicone muffin cups to create a more realistic muffin appearance.
This recipe can also be used as an apple cake, apple bread or apple pancakes.
- Apple Bread: Spread mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Cover and allow to rest as instructed above. Sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Cut and serve.
- Apple Cake: Spread mixture into an 8-inch cake pan. Cover and allow to rest as instructed above. Sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture or frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Apple Pancakes: Immediately after mixing, portion and spread mixture into 3 or 4-inch circles. Once set, heat gently and serve with syrup.
Serving Size:1 muffin (2 oz or #20 scoop
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carb: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 10g
Added Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV