We understand from customers that COVID-19 may be adding complications to your daily nutritional routine, whether at home or a healthcare facility. As you work to take necessary precautions and preparations, we want to let you know we’re here to help however we can. Here are some tips that can help you prepare.
Stock up on shelf-stable products
For both homecare and healthcare consumers, having a well-stocked supply of shelf-stable specialized nutrition products is important in easing the pressure of disruptions in your normal routine. Many of our products are, including ready-to-eat meals, pureed foods, thickened drinks and protein shakes offer shelf-stability, including:
- Thick & Easy® Clear Thickened Beverages
- Thick & Easy® Pureed Meals
- All Herb-Ox® Products
- Healthy Shot® Protein Supplement Beverages
- Hormel Vital Cusine® Meals
- Hormel Vital Cusine® 500 Shakes
- And more protein and calorie supplements
Curious about whether a product is shelf-stable? You can download the spec sheet on a product page to learn more, or contact our team for further information.
Convenience is key
If COVID-19 causes a disruption in your daily routine or that of your caregiver or facility it may be helpful to have some specialized nutritional products that can be prepared quickly and affordably.
- For those at home, that means having specialized nutritional products that you or someone who doesn’t have experience preparing pureed foods can make in a pinch.
- For foodservice, quick meal prep can help alleviate the pressures that an understaffed kitchen can put on production and ensure that residents are getting their nutrition in a timely fashion.
- Many of our products can be prepared quickly and efficiently, like Thick & Easy® Pureed Meals and Hormel Vital Cuisine® Meals, which are ready in just 60 seconds.
Covid-19 Webinar Resources and Information for Food & Nutrition Services
As we continue to learn more about COVID-19, it’s important for healthcare professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest “best practices.”This 1-hour free webinar from Becky Dorner & Associates, sponsored by Hormel Health Labs, will help healthcare professionals keep current with the most recent guidelines for managing nutritional care of patients and residents during this time.
You May Experience Slower Than Normal Deliveries
Shipping times may be slightly delayed due to unusually high demand during the COVID-19 pandemic. As these products are considered essential we will continue to process and ship your order as quickly as possible.
We’re here to help
We’ve been in your shoes and are here to help you through any challenges. Please don’t hesitate to contact our team with any questions about our product lineup, operations or supply advice, ordering in bulk, or anything else we can be helpful with.