What we learned at the 2019 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo in Philadelphia, PA.
Every year since 2001, we send our team to answer questions about our products at FNCE (Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo). The expo is produced by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, an organization of licensed dietitians and nutrition professionals consisting of over 100,000 members.
Why We Attend FNCE
We’re passionate about food helping people with nutritional challenges. We’re committed to our work, and we’re always listening. We send our entire team to FNCE, so that each of our team members can hear first-hand about the challenges our customers face.
Our team at the Hormel Health Labs booth offered a variety of experiences over the four days of the conference. Attendees were able to sample dozens of Hormel Health Labs products—both foods and beverages.
When in Philly…
On Sunday and Monday, Kristen Walker treated spectators at the Hormel Health Labs booth to a few favorite recipe demonstrations, creating several tasty dishes and providing some preparation tips along the way. Our favorite was the infamous pureed Philly Cheesesteak.
From the Floor: 5 Things We Learned at FNCE
Everyone loves the keynotes, exhibitor booths (free samples!), and demonstrations. This year we asked our team what their take-aways from FNCE were. Here are the top five:
- Healthy Shots do not have any foil seals – so for facilities that need to avoid foil, this product is the solution.
- People are starting to gear up for IDDSI–minced and moist offerings.
- Customers appreciate what we are doing with our product line to help support the transition to IDDSI. The posters, pocket guides and the seminars we offer are very much appreciated!
- Many organizations were touting their mission-based messaging, including corporate social responsibility.
- There’s tremendous interest in at-home care options for patients who are discharged.
Missed seeing us at FNCE?
We’ll be attending the American Speech-Language Association (ASHA) Convention November 21-23 in Orlando, Florida!