Summer weather starting to become unbearable? Our new Watermelon Lime Sorbet recipe, featuring THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener, gives you a way to cool down deliciously!
*May also be suitable for Levels 5 & 6
How To Prepare
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan or microwave safe container. Bring to broil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove any white seeds from watermelon and puree until smooth.
- Add sugar/water mixture and lime juice; blend well.
- Add THICK & EASY® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and blend until mixture starts to thicken and powder is dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl or shallow pan. Cover and freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove sorbet from freezer and allow to thaw until slightly slushy. Sorbet may also be shaved with a spoon or fork until soft enough to scoop.
- Portion one #10 scoop (scant ½ cup) sorbet per serving.
- THICK & EASY® Clear Food & Beverage Thickener may be used in place of Instant Food & Beverage Thickener. Use 2 scoops of THICK & EASY® Clear for each serving prepared
- Sorbet mixture can be used to make popsicles.
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 18g
Added Sugars: 10g
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Vitamin D: 0% DV