Enjoy a festive holiday dessert with great texture and consistency for those with dysphagia. Our Cranberry Almond Bread recipe uses Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix for a snack that’s suitable for IDDSI 4, 5 & 6!
How to Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray
- Measure THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and place into a large bowl.
- Combine water and brown sugar; stir to dissolve. Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add to bread mix in bowl and stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately pour half of the bread into the pan(s). Drizzle half of melted cranberry over bread and spread or swirl with a knife or spatula. Top with remaining bread mix and melted cranberry sauce. Swirl to incorporate cranberry sauce into bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill or set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve; remove bread from pan(s) and cut into appropriate number of servings (1 slice/portion per serving).
- Drizzle or brush the thickened orange juice over top of bread.
Serving Suggestion: For added moisture and flavor, drizzle bread with a powdered sugar glaze and additional thickened orange or cranberry juice.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion or 1 slice of bread
Total Fat: 1.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carb: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Added Sugars: 1g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 81mg (6% DV)
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 129mg (2% DV)