Enjoy a festive holiday dessert with great texture and consistency for those with dysphagia. Our Cranberry Almond Bread recipe uses Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix for a snack that’s suitable for IDDSI Level 4, 5 & 6!
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin pan||2-3 mini loaf pans, muffin pan or 8 x 4″ loaf pan||9 x 5″ loaf pan or 8 x 8″ square pan|
|Cold water||1/4 cup||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Brown sugar||1 1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 drop||1/8 – 1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Almond extract||1 drop||1/8 – 1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 1/2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
|Jellied cranberry sauce, melted||1 Tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Clear Thickened Orange Juice – Nectar – IDDSI Level 2
|1 1/2 tsp||3 Tbsp (1 1/2 fl oz)||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp (3 fl oz)|
How to Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray
- Measure THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and place into a large bowl.
- Combine water and brown sugar; stir to dissolve. Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add to bread mix in bowl and stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately pour half of the bread into the pan(s). Drizzle half of melted cranberry over bread and spread or swirl with a knife or spatula. Top with remaining bread mix and melted cranberry sauce. Swirl to incorporate cranberry sauce into bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill or set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve; remove bread from pan(s) and cut into appropriate number of servings (1 slice/portion per serving).
- Drizzle or brush the THICK & EASY® Clear Thickened Orange Juice over top of bread.
Serving Suggestion: For added moisture and flavor, drizzle bread with a powdered sugar glaze and additional thickened orange or cranberry juice.
Serving Size: 1 muffin sized portion or 1 slice of bread
Total Fat: 1.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carb: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Added Sugars: 1g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 6% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 2% DV