Enjoy a festive holiday dessert with great texture and consistency for those with dysphagia. Our Cranberry Almond Bread recipe uses Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix for a snack that’s suitable for IDDSI Level 4-6!
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin pan||2-3 mini loaf pans, muffin pan or 8×4″ loaf pan||9 x 5″ loaf pan or 8×8″ square pan|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Almond extract||1/16 tsp||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Water, hot||1 1/2 Tbsp||1 1/4 cup||2 1/2 cups|
|Jellied cranberry sauce, melted||1 Tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|THICK & EASY® Clear Thickened Orange Juice – Nectar – IDDSI Level 2
|1 1/2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
How to Prepare
- 1. Generously coat pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and bread mix in a mixing bowl. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract to hot water. Add to bread mixture and stir briskly until blended.
- Gently fold in melted cranberry sauce.
- Immediately pour bread into the pan(s).
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
- Drizzle or brush thickened orange juice over top of bread.
- Cut and portion one slice bread (about 1/2 cup) per serving.
Serving Suggestion: For added moisture and flavor, drizzle each bread slice with a powdered sugar glaze and additional thickened orange or cranberry juice.
Serving Size: 1 portion (about 1/4 cup)
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carb: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Added Sugars: 1g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV