A tangy Asian staple—now safe for those with dysphagia! This easy-to-make meal features pureed pineapple and rice, along with our Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Chicken, to create a dish that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
|INGREDIENTS||1 SERVING||6 SERVINGS||12 SERVING|
|Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Chicken, thawed
|1/2 cup||3 cups||1 1/2 quarts (2 bags)|
|Prepared Sweet & Sour Sauce||4 Tbsp||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Thick & Easy® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pineapple, thawed
|1/2 of a 2.5 oz portion||3-2.5 oz portions||6-2.5 oz portions|
|Thick & Easy® IDDSI Level 4 Pureed Rice, thawed
|1/2 cup||3 cups||1 1/2 quarts|
|Prepared Sweet & Sour Sauce (for garnish)||As needed (about 1 Tbsp.)||As needed (about 1 Tbsp.)||As needed (about 1 Tbsp.)|
- Stir together thawed Thick & Easy® Level 5 Minced Chicken and sweet & sour sauce. Heat to 165°F.
(Always test for Level 5 using IDDSI guidelines. If needed, add a small amount of Thick & Easy® Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to achieve desired consistency.)
- Cut thawed Thick & Easy® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pineapple into bite sized pieces.
- Heat Thick & Easy® IDDSI Level 4 Pureed Rice to 165°F per package instructions.
- Portion 1/2 cup of pureed rice mixture onto plate or bowl. (Use a handheld ricer to achieve more realistic rice appearance)
- Portion ½ cup of chicken mixture on top of rice. (Try portioning in 1 Tbsp dollops to achieve the appearance of a chicken cubes.)
- Place diced pineapple pieces on top of rice.
- Garnish with additional sweet & sour sauce.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup pureed rice, 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 portion pureed pineapple shape, 1 Tbsp additional sauce
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 69g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 46g
Added Sugars: 43g
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 50mg (4% DV)
Iron: 0.6mg (4% DV)
Potassium: 90mg (0% DV)