Enjoy a classic comfort side dish that meets IDDSI Levels 4-7.
|1 Serving||6 Serving||12 Serving|
|Suggested pan size||Muffin pan or individual dish||Muffin pan or 8×8″ square pan||Muffin pan or 2 – 8×8″ square pan|
|Cornmeal||1 tbsp||1/3 cup + 1 tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Water||1/2 cup||3 cups||6 cups (1 1/2 quarts)|
|THICK & EASY® Texture Modified Bread and Dessert Mix
|2 tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Water||1/4 cup||1 1/2 cups||3 cups|
|Butter, melted||1 tsp||2 tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Sugar||1/4 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 tbsp|
*This version of the recipe was made with Thick & Easy® Bread & Dessert Mix which is no longer available. Stay tuned updated recipe featuring the new Thick & Easy® Texture-Modified Bread & Dessert Mix. For now, here’s another option for a delicious side dish.
- Divide the water and bring half to a boil.
- Combine cornmeal with second half of water and add to boiling water; stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook until cornmeal is softened and mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside and cool slightly.
- Combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix with water and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add cooked cornmeal to bread and stir to combine. Add butter and sugar and stir well. Portion or spread into pans and allow to cool and set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with honey or softened butter, if desired.
- For corn muffins, portion one #16 scoop (about 1/4 cup) per muffin cup.
- Portion 2 corn muffins per serving.
- For squares or slices, spread pureed cornbread into a pan and cut into squares or slices for service. One portion is about 1/2 cup per serving.
Serving Size: 2 – #16 scoops (about 1/2 cup)
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carb: 18g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 4g
Added Sugars: 1g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 2% DV