Vegetable season is in full swing, and those with swallowing difficulties can get in on the fun with our pureed cheesy vegetable recipe. Packed with protein and calcium, the dish uses THICK & EASY Instant Beverage Thickener to create dish that meets IDDSI Level 5 & 6 standards.
*Use pre-purchased diced “riced” vegetables, if available
How To Prepare
- Make sure cauliflower, broccoli and carrots are cooked and minced to required 4mm particle size.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté onion until softened.
- Add cooked, minced (or riced) vegetables and broth to pan. Bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Simmer and stir until cheeses are completely melted and well blended.
- Add THICK & EASY Instant Food & Beverage Thickener and stir until mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Hold hot for service at 135°F.
- To serve; portion one rounded #8 scoop per serving.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of paprika.
Total Fat: 11g
Trans Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrates: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 2g
Added Sugars: 0g
Potassium: 229mg (4% DV)
Calcium: 354mg (25% DV)
Iron: 1mg (4% DV)
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)