Our new minced turkey tetrazzini recipe takes a classic American dish and spins it in a way that’s suitable for those with swallowing difficulties. The recipe uses THICK & EASY® Level 5 Ready Meats and Pureed Pasta to create a meal that meets IDDSI Levels 5, 6 & 7!
*Make sure sauce does not have particulates and is pureed before adding to turkey
**Pasta may be served in a variety of ways:
- Portion 1/2 cup onto a plate and spread evenly
- Serve straight from the bag by making a very small snip in the corner of the bag and pipe onto plate
- Place pasta in pastry bag with desired tip and pipe onto plate
How To Prepare
- Combine THICK & EASY®Minced Turkey with smooth sauce and stir well.
- Heat thoroughly to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F. (If sauce separates from meat during heating, stir well and drain any excess liquid.)
- Keep hot for service at 135°F or higher.
- Prepare THICK & EASY® Bulk Pureed Thickened Pasta Blend per package directions and hold for service.
- To serve: Portion 1/2 cup of pureed pasta onto serving plate.**
- Top pasta with about 2/3 cup of turkey and sauce mixture.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving Size: About 2/3 cup meat with sauce and 1/2 cup of pureed pasta
Total Fat: 23g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbs: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 1g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 8% DV
Potassium: 0% DV