This recipe uses two of our favorite fruits — cranberry and pear — together in a delicious dessert suited for any season. Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread and Dessert mix helps make this dessert suitable for those needing consistencies that meet IDDSI Levels 4-7. Enjoy!
|1 Serving||6 Servings||12 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Individual pie pan, tart pan, or dessert dish||8″ or 9″ tart pan, pie pan, or square pan||2 – 8″ or 9″ tart pan, pie pan, or square pan|
|THICK & EASY® Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 tsp||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Shortbread cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs, finely ground||1 Tbsp||6 Tbsp||3/4 cup|
|Sugar||1/8 tsp||3/4 tsp||1 1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp||2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|Almond extract, optional||1-2 drops||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Water, hot||1 1/2 Tbsp||1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp||1 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Jellied cranberry||2 Tbsp||3/4 cup||1 1/2 cups|
|Water||3/4 tsp||1 1/2 Tbsp||3 Tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp||2 Tbsp||1/4 cup|
|Cornstarch||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Butter||1/4 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1-2 drops||1/4 tsp||1/4 tsp|
|Pears, pureed and thickened*||2 1/2 Tbsp||1 cup||2 cups|
*Thick & Easy® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pears can be used in place of manually thickened pears, if desired. Use 1 frozen pear portion for every 2 servings prepared. Cut pear portion into slices while still frozen and arrange on top of tart in a decorative pattern.
**Note: May be prepared using a variety of sizes and shapes: 4″ individual tart pans, mini muffin or pie pans, 8″ square pan for cranberry bars or dessert squares (yields 6 portions per pan) and dessert dishes (layer crust and fillings in dessert dish and garnish). Make sure to generously coat pans with cooking spray before adding crust.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and THICK & EASY® Bread & Dessert Mix Add oil and almond extract (if desired) and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add hot water to bread mixture and stir briskly until blended.
- Pour crust mixture into pan(s).
- Press to flatten and push crust onto sides of pan(s). (Use plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray for easier handling of soft crust).
- Place crust(s) in refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Combine jellied cranberry sauce and water in saucepan; heat until melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir melted cranberry sauce in pan.
- Cook until mixture begins to boil and is thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate filling until cooled; then spread cooled filling evenly into prepared crust(s).
- Arrange pureed pears on top of cranberry filling. Pureed pears can be squeezed through a piping bag into shapes resembling pear slices. Or, place dollops of pears onto filling and swirl to create decorative pattern. If using THICK & EASY® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pears, cut pear portion into slices while still slightly frozen and arrange of top of tart.
- Cover assembled tart lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped topping and cut into portions. (Cut 6 slices per 8-9″ pan.)
- For ease in serving, cut and portion dessert while frozen. Thaw completely before serving.
**Note: Recipe may be prepared using a variety of pan sizes and shapes, such as 4″ individual tart pans, mini muffin or pie pans, 8″ square pan for cranberry bars or dessert squares (yields 6 portions per pan) and dessert dishes (layer crust and fillings in dessert dish and garnish). Make sure to generously coat pans with cooking spray before adding crust.
Serving Size: 1 portion (about 1/4 cup)
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 17g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 0% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV