This recipe uses two of our favorite fruits–cranberry and pear–together in a delicious dessert suited for any season. Thick & Easy® Pureed Bread and Dessert mix helps make this dessert suitable for those needing consistencies that meet IDDSI Levels 4-7. Enjoy!
*Thick & Easy® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pears can be used in place of manually thickened pears, if desired. Use 1 frozen pear portion for every 2 servings prepared. Cut pear portion into slices while still frozen and arrange on top of tart in a decorative pattern.
How To Prepare
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie crumbs, THICK & EASY® Bread & Dessert Mix and sugar in a bowl.
- Add almond extract to cold water, stir and add to bread mixture.
- Stir briskly until mixture begins to thicken. Immediately pour into pan(s).
- Press to flatten and push crust onto sides of pan(s). (Use plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray for easier handling of soft crust.)
- Place crust(s) in refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Combine jellied cranberry sauce and water in saucepan; heat until melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir melted cranberry sauce in pan.
- Cook until mixture begins to boil and is thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate filling until cooled; then spread cooled filling evenly into prepared crust(s).
- Arrange pureed pears on top of cranberry filling. Pureed pears can be squeezed through a piping bag into shapes resembling pear slices. Or, place dollops of pears onto filling and swirl to create decorative pattern. If using THICK & EASY® Frozen Pureed Shaped Pears, cut pear portion into slices while still slightly frozen and arrange of top of tart.
- Cover assembled tart lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped topping and cut into portions. (Cut 6 slices per 8-9 inch pan.)
- For ease in serving, cut and portion dessert while frozen. Thaw completely before serving.
**Note: Recipe may be prepared using a variety of pan sizes and shapes, such as 4-inch individual tart pans, mini muffin or pie pans, 8-inch square pan for cranberry bars or dessert squares (yields 6 portions per pan) and dessert dishes (layer crust and fillings in dessert dish and garnish). Make sure to generously coat pans with cooking spray before adding crust.
Serving Size: 1 portion (1/6 of 8-9 inch tart)
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 17g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin D: 0mg