Enjoy our pureed take on a classic fruit dessert. Pureed pineapple upside-down cake is delicious and safe for those challenged by swallowing difficulties. This recipe uses a couple of our THICK & EASY® products to create a festive dessert that meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6.
How to Prepare
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with plastic wrap.
- Stir together THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and yellow cake mix.
- Add pineapple juice to bread mixture and stir briskly with wire whip until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately portion into muffin cups. Cover and chill until set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove prepared cake(s) from muffin cups and place on a serving dish.
- Press top of cake gently to flatten.
- Carefully place one thawed THICK & EASY® Pureed Shaped Pineapple portion on top of each cake.
- Portion one teaspoon of strawberry jam or jelly into the center of the pineapple portion.
- Garnish with a drizzle of caramel syrup.
*Note: One portion contains apporximately one #16 scoop (about 1/4 cup) cake, one 2.5 oz pineapple portion and 1 tsp strawberry jam.
Serving Size: 1 cake portion
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 47g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 31g
Added Sugars: 15g
Vitamin D: 0mg (0% DV)
Calcium: 103mg (8% DV)
Iron: 0mg (0% DV)
Potassium: 170mg (4% DV)