Enjoy our pureed take on a classic fruit dessert. Pureed Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is delicious and safe for those challenged by swallowing difficulties. This recipe uses a couple of our THICK & EASY® products to create a festive dessert that meets IDDSI Levels 4, 5, 6 & 7.
|1 Serving||8 Servings||16 Servings|
|PAN SIZE||Muffin Cups||Muffin Cups||Muffin Cups|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix
|2 Tbsp||1/2 bag (about 1 cup)||1 bag|
|Sugar||1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1/8 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Tbsp||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|
|Pineapple juice, hot||1/4 cup||2 cups||1 quart|
|THICK & EASY® Pureed Shaped Pineapple, thawed
|1 portion||8 portions||16 portions|
|Seedless strawberry jam or jelly||1 tsp||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp||1/3 cup|
|Caramel syrup||For garnish||For garnish||For garnish|
How to Prepare
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with plastic wrap.
- Combine sugar and THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix; stir well.
- Add oil to bread mix and stir until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add vanilla extract to hot pineapple juice add to bread mixture. Stir briskly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Portion into muffin cups using a #20 scoop and spread evenly.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove prepared cakes from muffin cups and place on a serving dish.
- Press top of cake gently to flatten.
- Carefully place one thawed THICK & EASY® Pureed Shaped Pineapple portion on top of each cake.
- Portion one teaspoon of strawberry jam or jelly into the center of the pineapple portion.
- Garnish with a drizzle of caramel syrup.
*Note: One portion contains approximately one #16 scoop (about 1/4 cup) cake, one 2.5 oz pineapple portion and 1 tsp strawberry jam.
Serving Size: 1 cake portion
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 47g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 34g
Added Sugars: 17g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 0% DV