Effective: June 1, 2017
This Policy applies only to information we collect through our Website. It does not apply to information we collect through other channels.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, you may not use our Website. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
To jump to a particular section, click on the relevant link. Otherwise, scroll down to read the entire Policy.
- Our Terms and Conditions
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- Interacting with Social Media on our Website
- Data Security
- Links to Other Websites
- Access to Your Information
- Contact Information
Our Terms and Conditions
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of our Website. A link to our Terms and Conditions is provided at the bottom of each page of our Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on this Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. Some of the information we collect may be “personal information,” which means it identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. The information we collect falls into the following categories:
- Information that you manually provide to us, for example, when completing a registration or contest-entry form, requesting services, or posting “User Contributions” (content you post using the social networking tools we make available to you).
- Information from third-party social media platforms. You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on our Website by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personal information, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
- Information from your browser or device, such as your IP address and other information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Please note that information we receive from your web browser or device or that is collected by cookies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
In addition to the cookies Company delivers to your computer through our Website, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Website. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on our Website or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Website. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to our Website sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to Company.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Website or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. Please note that the opt-out is device specific. If you wish to opt-out from having interest-based information collected by participating entities across all devices, you need take the steps outlined above from each device.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect from or about you:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Website;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Website;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Website;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
Disclosure of Your Information
With regard to aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, we reserve the right to disclose such information without restriction.
With regard to User Contributions, including those that contain personal information, we reserve the right to disclose such information without restriction. In particular, please note that User Contributions, by definition, can be read, collected, used, and further disclosed by other users of our Website. We also reserve the right to use User Contributions you submit for advertising campaigns and other promotions. We may or may not use your name in connection with such use, and we may or may not seek your further consent before using the content for such purposes. Therefore, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to User Contributions you submit on or through our Website.
With regard to all other personal information, we reserve the right to disclose it to the following entities:
- Among members of the Hormel corporate family, including our wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures. These entities are permitted to use your personal information in any manner consistent with this policy.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hormel Foods’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hormel Foods about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of such disclosure.
- To anyone to whom disclosure is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide personal information. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose either disclosed by us when you provide the information or for which we have your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hormel Foods, our customers or others.
Choices Regarding Your Information
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies” and your right to opt out of having your information shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information.
Email preferences. You can opt out of promotional emails we send you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, simply select “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of each communication. Please note that you cannot opt out of transactional emails, such as emails confirming a purchase made on our Website.
Do Not Track Mechanisms. California law requires this Policy to address how we respond to any “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal” delivered by your browser. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals.
Previously Expressed Preferences. You may be able to change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. To do so, please contact us using the information provided below.
Interacting with Social Media on our Website
Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms provide tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our Website. If you interact with these social media platforms through our Website, your experience on those platforms will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those platforms. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those sites accordingly.
Company takes reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Access to Your Information
You may request to review or update the personal information you have provided to us through our Website by contacting us using the information provided below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time or within the time set out by applicable law. When appropriate, or as required by applicable law, we will correct, amend or delete your personal information. We reserve the right to limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Hormel Foods Corporation
1 Hormel Place
Austin, MN 55912
Attn: Legal Department