With Valentine's Day right around the corner, here's a delicious dessert you can whip up for your loved one with nutritional modifications. The THICK & EASY® Chocolate Lava Cakes are perfect for those with swallowing difficulties and meet IDDSI Levels 4, 5 & 6. You'll need THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix, THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener, and a sweet tooth.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add chocolate syrup and THICK & EASY® Clear Instant Food & Beverage Thickener to milk; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add chocolate milk mixture to bread mixture. Stir briskly with wire whip until mixture starts to thicken.
- Immediately portion into muffin cups. Cover and chill until set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove prepared cake(s) from muffin cups and place on a serving dish.
- Using a spoon, make a small hole in the top of each cake and fill with about 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup*.
- Top with whipped cream or chocolate frosting prior to serving.
*Optional "lava" fillings include warm fudge sauce, strawberry or raspberry syrup (without seeds) or caramel syrup.