Those with swallowing difficulties shouldn't have to miss out on the delicious desserts and treats that the holiday season has to offer.
Our *Vanilla Cream Cheese Pumpkin Square* recipe uses THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix to create a delicious seasonal dessert that meets the IDDSI Level 4 (pureed) standard, and most importantly, will be a gift to your taste buds.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- 1. Spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray
- 2. Stir together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and cold water in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix and pumpkin pie spice. Add to pumpkin/water mixture and whisk rapidly with a wire whip until well combined.
- 4. Immediately pour into prepared pan(s) and spread evenly with metal or rubber spatula to smooth the surface.
NOTE: Mixture must be mixed and poured rapidly, otherwise it may become too thick to handle.
- 5. Combine softened cream cheese with pudding and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over pumpkin mixture in pan.
- 6. Spread whipped topping over pudding layer. Cover in plastic wrap.
- 7. Refrigerate or freeze pan(s) for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. (This will make it easier to remove portions from pan.)
- 8. Cut each loaf pan into 6 - 2 1/2 x 3-inch pieces.
- 9. Serve one individual dessert or one 2 1/2 x 3-inch piece.
Serving Size: 1 2 1/2 x 3-inch piece
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 25g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Total Sugars: 11g
Added Sugars: 4g
Vitamin D: 0% DV
Calcium: 8% DV
Iron: 0% DV
Potassium: 4% DV
Vitamin A: 25% DV
Vitamin C: 0% DV
Now get cooking and show the rest of your family, swallowing difficulties or not, that pureed treats don't have to be bland and flavorless. You can find the THICK & EASY® Pureed Bread & Dessert Mix here along with the rest of our innovative Thick & Easy® products. Happy holidays from the Hormel Health Labs family to yours!